Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Up and down. Up and down. That's the way we roll. This minute is up. Looks like they are planning on replacing his IJ line today with a fermoral central line so his tape wounds on his neck have time to heal before the trach surgery which is tentatively scheduled for Monday. He is also tentatively scheduled to head to the OR on Thursday to get the broviak (tunneled central line) put in.
Kidneys are still not doing great so renals drs are coming to consult again today. They are also doing an abdominal ultrasound to see what is going on with his kidneys and to check out the fluid build up in that area. We just need his body to hold togethr until the interferon kicks in. Hopefully that will happen soon. Until then we just have to keep praying that the drs can keep patching him up and keeping him relatively stable.
Oh and it sounds like the left chest tube is already not draining. What a headache. I hate chest tubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment