Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Peg's Meatloaf

I thought I would give you all a little present on this gorgeous and happy, albeit tired Wednesday.  What I have for you is a recipe.  And not just any recipe.  This is a recipe for the meatloaf of all meatloaves.  It is my mom's recipe and, let me tell you, Peg knows how to make a loaf! 

So Happy Wednesday and enjoy your loaves this week. 

Peg's Meatloaf



2 lbs ground meat(any combo works: beef, pork, turkey, chicken)
1 pkg frozen spinach thawed and drained
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup mayo or miracle whip
2 eggs
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 pkg shredded cheese

Mix it all together, except the cheese.   Pat it out like a rectangular pizza on foil.   
Sprinkle the cheese on top and pat it in a bit.  Now using your foil to help you along, roll your loaf.  Make sure you peel back the foil so it doesn't get stuck in the loaf.  Put the rolled loaf in a baking dish or roaster.

I like to make it a wonder dish wonder and add veggies to the sides with a little water in the bottom of the pan.  Salt and pepper the veggies to taste. Last night we had a turkey loaf with rutabaga, carrots and Brussels sprouts all in the same pan.  

Cover with foil.  Bake at 350 for 1.5 hours.  (I do 375 because I almost always make my loaves bigger and never squeeze the spinach well enough.)

Enjoy your new favorite dinner.  Unless you are a vegetarian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment