Monday, September 13, 2010

I am hesitant to update right now because he seems to change gears so quickly...but good news needs to be shared. The clot buster appears to have worked wonders on the left chest tube. Drainage is improved and lung quality also seems improved. Please don't stop praying though! He is still critical and we have yet to see lasting stability. If he continues to stay about this good he will have his trach surgery later this week. I am so surprised to say this, but I'm really looking forward to it. I am hopeful that it will make him more comfortable, lessen his sedation, and help some things like eating get back to normal sooner rather than later. Which is a good thing because we can't keep 3rd birthday cake on the back burner forever! Wednesday is his birthday...I can't believe he is already three.
We are in a good place this minute and I pray it stays this way. This rollercoaster of good and bad stats is exhausting for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment