Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The trach surgery went really well and Jameson is doing well. He gave us a bit of a scare when he first came back to his room and desatted a few times. Bagging and suctioning for a while helped dislodge a big goober and he seems to be doing much better. He is still on a higher percentage of O2 and higher peeps right now but they should be able to start going down as the day goes on. They also ordered a chest xray and it looked pretty good.
It was hard to not emotionally go back to the desatting and bagging in St. Paul before ECMO and I'm so glad it was a quick incident and he has popped back up. I am starting to wonder if giving me a heart attack is truly my sweet boy's objective. I am utterly spent right now. Emotionally and physically. Even at home sleep will not come to me; I have had such fitful nights, full of nightmares and wakings since J has been in the hospital. I hope and pray that someday the Sandman will befriend me again.
The GI doc came by today and put Jameson on a drug to lower his triglycerides. I can't remember what it is. He is on 16-ish daily meds right now in addition(I think) to his arsenal of pain and sedation drugs. The anesthesiologist told Mike that just his Fentanyl dose alone is enough to completely knock out a large adult for quite some time. And that is only one of the 6 or 8 meds he is on continuously to keep him sedated and comfortable. And he still breaks through enough that he needs to be "roc-ed"(paralytic) at least a few times a day. What a fiery little red-head!
Thank the Lord that Jameson did well in surgery and finally has his trach. I cannot wait for him to "wake up" a bit. He looks really good right now and his sweet little lips are closed and perfect with no tubes in his mouth for the first time in over a month. God is so good. We are so thankful to be where we are. I think the plan for the rest of the week is to rest and get to the point where sedation can be lightened. Maybe when J is done with his Versed momma can have some....haha. We have no idea how long that will take; this is yet again a waiting game. Thanks for checking in and thank you again for all of the prayers, meals, cards, and support. We love you and appreciate you all so much.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment