Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Special Dinner

This week we celebrated a good anniversary. Nine years ago, I became a wife. And it has been a grand adventure. I don't want to get too mushy, but I consider myself the luckiest girl on earth to have Hubs as my husband. He is absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to me.

We didn't have any exciting plans. Just food. Of course I cooked! And baked.

We were going to start with pan-fried ravioli and a marinara dipping sauce, but no one was quite that hungry. It will make a great dinner later this week!

Dinner was Salmon in Lemon Brodetto with Pea Puree. It was divine.



The bread was homemade too. It was a Rustic Tuscan Ciabatta. Oh, it was so good. I'm hungry just thinking about it.

For dessert, we had Double Musky Carrot Cake. The Double Musky Inn is the best restaurant I've ever been to. I'm lucky enough to have their cookbook. And Hubs is lucky enough that I actually take the time to make some of their entrees. The crab stuffed halibut recipe is at least 7 pages long, but oh so worth the whole day in the kitchen. If you ever find yourself in Alaska, I highly recommend a trip to the Double Musky Inn.


Notice the color of my carrot cake. Little light, no? Sigh. What a disappointment! I goofed and completely forgot the cinnamon. Gah! Without the spice, it just wasn't carrot cake; however, for a cake, it was still pretty good. I think I'd rather have more pea puree though. Oh, that dinner...

Sigh. Well, now I've got to tackle the pile of dishes waiting for me in the sink and on the stove. And then maybe eat a piece of unspiced cake. It is still pretty darn good.

We are going to have a beautiful day in Minnesota today. It will be a fine afternoon to bike with the family. I hope you all have a lovely day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment