Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy Feet

This is the sign of a good day.



Every boy should have feet this dirty at the end of the day, no? Isn't that what summer is all about? Maybe minus the mosquitoes, but that is what Itch Sticks are for.

We are still having loads of fun outside and keeping very busy. Last weekend we went camping with cousins. Cousining is always a favorite activity. We swam in the lake, played at the beach, went fishing, had a campfire and smores. The kids ran through the meadow chasing dragonflies and butterflies together while pretending to be tornado chasers. I'm so grateful we have family close by. Family we love to be with. It has been such a blessing to be in Minnesota over the past 2 years.

When we got home from camping, this behemoth was waiting for me in the garden.


Zucchini season has begun!

Our busy summer isn't slowing down at all in August; instead, we are actually getting busier. Today, Little Man and I are taking an impromptu trip to Chicago to visit my family again and celebrate the life of a great man who passed away early this week. When we get back, Little Man has VBS (Vacation Bible School) and while he is away in the mornings, I will be pricing for a garage sale and starting to pack us up to move! I can't believe we've already been here a year. More about our next adventure on another day.

Now I must go and pack for our trip, since we are leaving in, oh, 1-2 hours...I've mastered the art of procrastination.

But before I go, I'll leave you with dinner from the garden. Homemade pesto from my basil plants with fresh zucchini and chicken...the chicken is not from my garden.


Someday we'll have chickens. First we need to stop moving every year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment