Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Processor Failure

Posting this is slightly monumental.  Because I'm technologically challenged + I have a toddler who likes to help me type.  And my computer up and died last week.  The Dell kicked it.  When I turn it on, I get the seven beeps of death over and over and over and nothing else.  When you google the seven beeps of death, you learn it means the computer is in processor failure.  Which means it is time to upgrade to a new computer.  Except that upgrading to a new computer means buying a new computer, which is so totally not in the budget.  Groceries have a slight edge this month. 

So I'm using Hubs old MacBook from med school.  I haven't used an Apple since junior high and they're a little different now.  Just trying to figure out which fingers to move which way on the mouse pad is killing me...I should have Little Man teach me...it is like kids are programed at birth to just know the technology of their generation.  The things he figures out astound me sometimes. But blogging is a little trickier here since the MacBook's memory is full and I can't upload pics to put on here.  I'll have to be descriptive, which could get funny. 

For instance, I really wanted to post a picture of my sneakers on here.  I'm really aging myself today -admitting I can't use a Mac, using words like sneakers....  Anywho, Little Man's school had this fantastic celebration this morning for Walk and Bike to School Day.  They had the Timbers Mascot here and Doc Broc, another picture I wish I could post.  I digress, but Doc Broc, come on!  It's an insane amount of cheese and awesomeness crammed into a man wearing a broccoli floret costume with a white coat.  Fun all the way down to the monster shamrock (or broccoli!) green converse shoes.  Awesomeness all around.  I took a picture this morning on my smarter-than-me phone and sent it to Hubs and told him I wished he were this cool of a Doc.  And that I wish our last name were Broc.  That would have motivated me to go to medical school.  Doc Broc.  My cheese radar cannot handle it. 

But back to the sneakers.  At this Walk and Bike to School party, they were giving out free shoe laces.  Nice, bright, glow-in-the-darkish yellow shoe laces.  Hideous shoe laces, but great for walking outside!  Well, it just so happens that my shoe laces in my hiking shoes are all mangled and falling apart.  Being ever so thrifty, I thought to myself, this is a great way to replace them, using these neon yellow laces.  My shoes are a stony beige hiking shoe.  And the laces I took out were a really dark brown.  And now I've got these dark beigey sneakers with these neon yellow laces in them.  Sigh.  I wish I could show you a picture, its just so....lovely.  Ahem.  Right. 

One of these days I will figure out how to add pictures on here from my phone.  Then you'll be able to see the monster pile of clean, unfolded and wrinklier-by-the-day laundry in my bedroom.  It's overtaken four baskets and growing!  And I'll put up Doc Broc and the sneakers, too.  And some food.  Like the pumpkin cake I made yesterday afternoon that is already half gone.  Because eating pumpkin cake for breakfast counts as getting in veggies.  I wonder what Doc Broc would say about that logic.  Ah, he was so cool! 

Alas, I must go and tame the mountain of laundry before Hub's scrubs get too wrinkled.  Can't have him looking more disheveled than produce in a white coat.  I really can't help it.  Doc Broc! 

Happy Hump Day!  (Speaking of that, have you all seen the Geico commercial turned song on YouTube? Almost as fun as Doc Broc!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment