Monday, January 14, 2013

Breakfast and a Good Book

It is 9:15 am on a Monday morning and I have already packed a lunch, gotten Little Man off to school, washed a load of laundry, emptied and filled the dishwasher, AND I'm dressed.  Okay, they are yoga pants, but I didn't wear them to bed last night, so...  Oh, and my teeth are brushed! 

If that isn't impressive to you, you don't know me very well.  It's gonna be a great Monday!  In a little while, a girlfriend is coming over for some coffee and nisu.  I can't wait.  This is nisu.



I started a new schedule working evenings at my job; while there are challenges with working late with the kids, God has blessed us in this change as well.   All of a sudden my calendar is overflowing with coffee dates and lunch dates with dear girlfriends who I rarely get a chance to see.  It feels so good to get together and actually sit down with a flesh and blood girlfriend instead of only having cyber-chats. 

And the kids are sleeping in regularly.  Little Lady has started getting up at 9 am.  Can I get an Amen here?   Seriously, that is huge.  And since the bus doesn't pick up Little Man until 9, it makes the mornings so relaxing and easy to get things done, like getting dressed!

Spent the weekend snuggling with my babies and reading Little Man Bible story after Bible story.  He loves his Bible.  I love that he loves it.


I also got to go out on a date with my man.  My In-laws gave me a gift certificate to an amazing restaurant for my birthday and we made reservations, got dressed up, dropped off the kids with their Aunt and Uncle and went out.  Wow, it was so good.  I had an Italian Basil Mojito, a beet and fried goat cheese salad, osso bucco, and for dessert chocolate hazelnut semmifreddo with dark chocolate ganache.  Plus half of Huuby's dessert, butterscotch pudding with caramel sauce, sea salt and whipped cream.   I should have taken pictures.  It was one of the best meals I've had in a long time.  YUM. 

I wish I had some good cooking to share with you all, but Hubby and I have both been working nights for the past week, so its been lots of quick and easy stirfrys and risottos.  Tonight is gonna be meatloaf, which is always a favorite in this household.  I have great plans to make baked eggplant parm, wild rice burgers and sweet tater fries, and the best soft pretzels with a white cheese sauce.  I will take pictures.  Promise.

I just finished a great book called Your Beautiful Purpose by Susie Larson.  I think you all should buy this book and read it.  It is full of relevant verses and quotations and great knowledge pertaining to the season of our lives and finding God in everything.  I am all out of time to write a decent review, but I'll leave you with a quote that has been speaking to me this week.

"Ingratitude and forgetfulness cause spiritual blindness and deafness.  But when our mouths open in praise, our eyes look up too.  That's when our next horizon comes into view.  And when we look ahead through faith's lens, our ears more clearly hear the Shepherd's voice telling us, 'I've been with you.  I'll be with you.  This is the way.  Follow Me.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment