Monday, June 13, 2011

Food!

I'm trying to catch up from a trip over the weekend, but it has been so long since I've written. So I thought I could at least share some food.

This is spinach and cheese souffle. And it looked delicious. I've made a number of these that have turned out fabulous.



But not this one. We were all starving and I put a serving spoon into it and got a heaping pile a steamy egg soup. Sigh. 45 minutes later we were able to eat it and it tasted great.


These are chicken and asparagus crepes in a mushroom veloute sauce. Essentially "French Enchiladas," if you will. They were good, but I'd rather have something spicy. I'm glad I learned how to make crepes, though. Those will be wonderful for breakfasts and desserts all summer long with fresh fruit.


Cherry chicken salad sandwiches on store bread. I ran out of flour. The chicken salad was homemade though. I used dried and fresh cherries, celery, apple, and vidalia onion in a yogurt based sauce. They were worth making. Yum!


I saved the best for last.


Homemade cream puffs with lemon mousse(lemon curd and whipped cream) and blueberry sauce. Heavenly.

I'll try to catch up and write again later this week. Happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment