Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Walk In The Woods

Saturday we went to a local State Park and hiked for a short while. It was a lovely day. The sun was shining. The birds were singing. The sky was a brilliant blue. The melting snow sparkled as if studded with millions of diamonds.





And all around there were signs of life beginning to show.




The wild (wild is used loosely here- it is just a local state park) renews my spirit in a way nothing else does. Even just a short walk on a public trail fuels my soul and brings me closer to my Maker. Maybe because I am quieter. Maybe because I am more contemplative. Maybe because I am more thankful. Maybe because I am willing to see. Probably all of the above. The end result being that I feel somewhat rejuvenated and happy and I still believe that each day is a gift waiting to be opened.


"i thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes. "
-e. e. cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment