Friday, April 22, 2011

Saved

"My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." Matthew 26:39

Jesus didn't want to suffer and die. He didn't ask for the betrayal, arrest, desertion, condemnation, beating, mockery, and finally, crucifixion.

And yet, He had the power to stop it. At any point in time, He could have asked His Daddy to save Him. He could have stopped it all. But He didn't. He willingly took the pain and suffering on Himself in order to fulfill His Father's will.

He did it to save us.

Jesus died and I am saved daily. His death and resurrection have saved us. He died to save you. He died to save J. He died for anyone who is willing to reach out and take the gift He offers so freely.

Today, on this Good Friday, I am so thankful that Our Lord was willing to die, willing to put God's will over His own. It means more to me this year than it ever has before. His sacrifice saves me every day from the despair and grief of losing my J; it is only in knowing that we will be together again that I can make it through the weeks, days, hours. Without Jesus, without salvation, there is nothing.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in his shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment