Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blessings

Wow.  That is about all I can say about the kindness of my neighbors.  My neighbors have been rallying around us after reading this blog and I'm overwhelmed by the generosity and caring.  I've never known neighbors like this before.  Its really amazing.

They have been bringing us food and fireworks and stopping by to say hi and asking if they can watch the kids or help us paint.  It's so nice.  And wholly unexpected.  Hubs and I are so grateful, but at the same time, we feel bad about it.  We are not receivers by nature.  We like to be givers.  So it feels weird to be on this end of things.   And it feels like we've been on this end of things ever since J got sick.  I'm really trying hard to balance my independent-I-can-do-everything-on-my-own-even-if-it-kills-me-spirit with my gratitude here.  I'm soaking up the love and feeling not alone at all.  And really looking forward to reciprocating once we aren't so crazy.

And I've absolutely decided that cat pee and construction are worth it to have such awesome neighbors. 

I think God put us here for many reasons and we are just beginning to realize the blessings He has in store for us.  I think back to the Set Apart Conference I attended in the winter and Ann Voskamp's talk.  She talked about God's love for us and how he doesn't just sit back and love us from a distance.  He is a God who relentlessly pursues us.  He chases us down to love on us.  Radaph.  We just have to let Him do it.  I feel relentlessly pursued right now. 

And I no longer feel like we are in crisis mode.  We have a good plan and a good timeline and a working kitchen sink and dishwasher.  For a few days this was the only working sink in the house because I had to rip out the water damaged sink cabinet in the kitchen and do some mold remediation in the wall.  Which is always a fun thing to do at 4:30 in the morning. 


I told Hubs I felt a little like a Seinfeld episode.  And I'm really grateful for the temporary set up which allows me to wash the dishes in a real kitchen sink.  

And the other big bonus is that my mom is coming out in a few days to help.  MOM.  There is not a better word right now.  I am so excited to see her and show her our new home.  And I'm so excited to have her here to keep Little Lady under control while I paint and get a bunch of stuff done. 

And now I have to go and take care of the crisis of the day, which is the finding of Little Lady's blankey.  I know we had it at nap time yesterday and we haven't gone anywhere since..it has to be in this house somewhere!!! Thank God she actually slept without it last night. 

I hope your day is full of blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment