Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mastercard

This morning I am so thankful for the Baby Bjorn and coffee. Little Lady and I both have colds and congestion doesn't go over well with a 7 week old. *Yawn*

I'm also thankful for credit cards. And not why you think. Last night when I went to check on Little Man before trudging off to bed, his door was locked. I grabbed the mangled paper clip we keep on hand for such occasions and walked back to his door. Huh. He has a different knob. I'd never noticed it before now, but he has a real lock on his door. Like you need a key- that we don't have- to open it. It is a hearty knob, like it is made for an outside door. Huh.

Well, I think, I'll just bang on the door and wake him up and make him unlock the door. Um, yeah. My kid could sleep through a dump truck driving through a nitroglycerin plant. I banged on his door so hard I was afraid of breaking it. I screamed his name at the top of my lungs multiple times. I wouldn't be surprised if the neighbors heard me. I knew he was a sound sleeper, but this is ridiculous. You know what else is ridiculous? Me.

I broke out an old credit card and spent 20 minutes jamming it into the door lock. I had to use two screw drivers and a pair of pliers to help it along. I'm praying I don't break the door for the second time in an hour and it doesn't seem like it will ever work. And then it does. Click and open. Whew. Of course the sassy offender is fast asleep in his bed, looking like an angel without his wings. I went over and kissed him and then I unscrewed his doorknob.

This afternoon, Little Man has his second wrestling match. Hopefully he'll win a match. Lord knows he slept enough last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment