Monday, May 2, 2011

Hoppy Easter

Yes, I am that cheesy and a little behind here. We've been busy and trying to stay outside whenever we have a nice day. As I write, we have snow flurries coming down so today may not be one of those days. But anywho.....

We had a lovely Easter Week.

We dyed eggs.





We went on a cold Easter Egg Hunt.


  Little Man got two eggs.


And hid behind me while I met the Easter Bunny.


It was in the middle of a field, there were a billion kids, and it was over in, like, two seconds. A little anticlimactic if you ask me. I think next year I'll just hide the eggs inside in wacky places and have him really hunt.

We ate egg salad on rye.


The bread didn't rise. It was really hearty. And kind of like eating a moist brick. Ya win some, you lose some.

Little Man and I went to Stations of the Cross on Good Friday. We walked to church in honor of Earth Day. We made it back home just as the rain came. Whew!

On Easter Sunday, we packed up the whole family and went to Grandma's bright and early for Mass. And then everybody went to the park and flew kites and played on the playground for the afternoon before Easter dinner. It was a beautiful day.

And bittersweet. But everything is this year, because every holiday, every birthday, every change of season is a reminder that it is the first ______ without Jameson. And I'm not sure if that gets easier with time; maybe in 27 years I'll still be thinking that this is the 27th Easter without J. I don't know. I kinda hope not. I hope that I'm able, with time, to remember the good things without the bitterness, without the hole inside constantly reminding me how long my heart has been broken. But I don't know if it works that way. I guess I'll find out someday.

What I do know is that Jameson loved Easter last year. He loved flying his kite and he was so proud to hold the string all by himself. He was happy. And handsome. And covered in chocolate. And I wish he could have been here this year, too.


I love you, Jameson!

No comments:

Post a Comment