I know it has been a long time since I've been on here. I long for slower days when I have more time to write. Although, I think I'd be better off working on my time management skills than waiting for things to slow down...that's not going to happen for decades! We've been busy with baseball and planting gardens, and going to Mexico for fairy tale weddings, and celebrating my first baby getting another year bigger. He was 8 pounds one blink ago, and now he's this man-child and I'm still not quite sure how that happened? And through all the days, the good ones and especially the bad ones, through all the low points in the days when I'd rather run away and all the high points that I want to stop time and live inside forever, I'm still giving thanks. I don't write them all down, but I'm up to 777 on the list.
Seek JOY and you shall find the whole world becomes a new and beautiful place.
1. Cleansing rain
2. New beginnings
3. Kilz paint
4. Morning snuggles with sleepy babies
5. Doggy deep breathing at my feet
6. Professional installation.
7. Park Time with new friends
9. Nap times
10. Thai food
11. Cool evenings and family walks
12. Swim lessons
13. Tissues with lotion by
14. Daddy's day off.
15. Home depot employees
16. A Good vet
17. Losing my voice while learning to hold my tongue
18. Running water. Clean running water.
19. Wrinkle free dress shirts
20. Turkish delight.
21. Reading together too late at night
22. Enjoying the all night snuggle with the sick and fussy baby.
23. Football season and a working TV.
24. watching her hair grow and curl the same way her brothers did
25. Text from hubs with an unexpected and early leaving from work.
26. Gummy vitamins
27. Teeny wet footprints
28. Coyote howls
29. Having a loop in the house
30. Watching them play together
31. My moms meatloaf in the oven
32. Baby squirrels chirping and chasing
33. Painting with toddlers.
34. Daily new beginnings
35. Spider webs
36. Coffee. How did I wait this long to write coffee?
37. Tissues with lotion
38. Fresh bread...even if it didn't rise right
39. Baby gates
40. Wild flowers on the side of the road.
41. Baby squirrels chhasing each other in the trees.
43. Watching my boy play four square with new friends
44. Coffee. Did I already say that?
45. Being married to my best friend
46. Having a mom who always picks up the phone even when I call 7 times in one day.
47. Garden snakes. Yes I did just say that.
48. Not being afraid to try drywalling.
49. IPod music
50. When the word neighbors really means friends
51. The enchilada sauce that breaks in the new kitchen. Yes the paint really is scrubbable.
52. Thunder and that rain smell that gets into your brain and makes you
feel like a kid with a sidewalk full of puddles and no one around to
53. Buddies for my kids
54. A job interview that feels more like coffee with an old Friend
55. Football season
56. Pumpkin anything and everything.
57. When she made a sound effects while playing with planes and trucks.
58. Footie jammies
59. Beach days
60. Pints on the deck
61. Flying kites
62. The way birds sail in the breeze
63. Pizza by the slice
64. Salty ocean air
65. Low heavy clouds and blue skies all at once.
66. Waves crashing on the sandy shore.
67. The perfect mix of sun heat and breeze
68. Sea gull cries.
70. Watching kids chasing birds on the sand
71. Sand and barefeet
72. My sons clothing choices...camp fleece pants with a muscle shirt and Mardi gras beads...at a restaurant. Love.
74. Hot showers
75. The newspaper.
76. Chasing wves in the ocean
77. Being big spoon at bedtime
78. My washing machine
79. My dishwasher
80. Hand me down clothes and toys
81. Sticky notes
82. Watching promises unfold in His time
83. Wind chimes
84. Hearing my kids singing
85. Unintentional funnies from kids
86. Hearing the birds sing while lying in bed early
88. the snooze button
89. Living in a tight knit community and not being an outsider
90. Watching diggers
92. Clear starry night.
93. Bread rising on the stove.
94. Pizza night with family
95. Laughter of my kids playing together.
96. Comfy bed.
97. Spider webs catching all the fruit flies
98. Golden leaved falling from the trees
99. Cooking for my family
100. promise of eternity
101. Cloudy days
102. Sword ferns
103. Tree swings
104. Baby grass
106. Fragrant wet cedar
107. Living in America
108. Pacific time zone so I can actually stay awake to finish a game.
109. Birthday cake
110. Late night laughter with hubs
111. New babies
112. Impromptu dinner invites
113. C S Lewis.
114. Encouraging texts and emails from friends.
115. Tree climbing
116. Chaotic playgrounds
117. Slides and static electricity.
118. Clouds heavy with rain rolling in
119. Kids playing tag
120. Fiery maple leaves
121. Late start days
122. Doggies running in their sleep
124. Pictures on my kids
126. A good cold beer after a long day
127. Answer of small prayers and seeing the gifts they are.
128. Being able to connect with family and friends so easily with technology
129. Hot showers
130. Exciting opportunities
131. Having options
132. Realizing that almost every problem in my life is a mere first
world annoyance and what a blessing that is even when it sucks
133. Owls on a hike
134. Out of town guests
135. Vacation days
136. Seeing the wonder of everything from a childs eyes
137. Silver flashes of birch in the wind
138. Cool fall mornings
139. Restaurants with play areas
140. Sleeping baby eye lashes.
142. Mountain vistas
143. Tide pools
144. Slugs all over on a hike
145. Getting to share favorite places with favorite people.
147. Elk poop
148. Rainy beach days
149. Fig and goat cheese crepes
151. Bread bowl clam chowder
152. Fancy coffee presents
153. Backing up my hard drive a week before the computer crashes
154. Working and clean smelling furnace
155. The ocean.
157. Yellow galoshes
158. Watching kids splash in puddles
159. Steamy grass after a rain shower
160. Getting to Starbucks a few minutes early.
161. Getting to go to Starbucks at all.
162. Whipped cream. Seriously.
163. Pumpkin spice latte..how is this my first time!?
164. Remembering Gods faithfulness and seeing it even in the hard times.
165. Not having to wait at an awesome restaurant
166. Dust motes in a stream of sun
167. Crisp cool fall air
168. Baby snores
169. Still getting big hugs and kisses at school drop off
170. Craig's list
171. Crisp sweet apples
172. Having a handy hubs
173. Napping in the sun on a cool day.
174. Getting to stay home with my lady
175. Wool socks
176. Playing I spy with wood floor grains
177. Pink dress up hats
179. The national anthem
180. My boy. Always.
181. Rocket inventions.
182. daddy daughter snuggles
183. Singing babies
184. Hallway bowling
186. Staying dry on super rainy weekends
187. Finding the perfect job.
189. Soup in the pot
190. Finding an old friend close by! 191. Sunflowers
192. Blue skies and sun after rainy days
193. Finishing projects
194. Toddlers jumping
195. Piano lessons
196. Discovering a new good book
197. Apples and cinnamon baking
198. Rosy cheeks
199. Jammies with feet
200. Modern medicine
201. Movie days
202. Coffee with whipped cream just because
203. Exploring with kids
204. An extra bedtime kiss
205. Down comforters
206. An organized closet
207 foggy mornings
208. Dad visiting
209. J mping for joy
211. Bright colors
212 funky art
213. Roadside assistance
214. Sunset on the river
215. YouTube shark videos
216. Tubby time
217. Starting a new job.
218. Pumpkins with warts
219. Caramel apples
221. Misty afternoons at the playground
222. Doggy diapers. Sigh.
223. Flower girl dresses
224. Sibling rivalry. I love that they bicker already. It is so cute.
225. Toddlers saying hi.
226. Skyping with grandma
227. Pumpkin cake
228. Nutella cake.
230. The crunch and smell of leaves
234. Provision in creative ways
235. Seeing just how much I have
236. Bedtime prayers with my boy
237. Early morning snuggles with my lady
238. The way she says "mama"
239. Drop in visits from friends
240. Raking leaves and jumping in them
241. Saying sorry and being forgiven
242. Doggy snoring.
243. My mom
244. Learning new things
245. Having a real community
246. Dinner with an old friend
247. People who talk about my Jameson
248. Being married. And in love. To the same person.
249. Having kids.
250. Not having anymore kids.
251. Fall leaves
252. My kids playing with daddy
253. Days off
254. Open communication
255. Early bedtimes for everyone
256. Family walks
257. Fruit trees
258. Early morning snuggles
259. Pastry mornings with hubs
260. Blue skies and golden trees
262. Purring doggies
263. Full moon
264. Coyote howls late
266. Epi pens
267. Babies running down a grassy slope
268. Being wrong about something that turns in your favor
270. Pine needles falling like rain
271. Cupcake parties
272. Static hair on the slide
273. Kicking through leaves
274. Blustery fall days
275. The way feathers fly when vacummed
276. Washable crayons
277. Toddler friends
278. Seeing him all proud after making the basket.
279. Suction cup balls thrown in the window
280. Pizza delivery
281. A new window in the smile
282. Coyotes howling goodnight
283. Walking to almost everywhere
284. Storytime at the library
285. Husband home
287. A friend who asks just the right questions at the right time
288. Seeing my boy find something he loves to do
289. A warm house
290. Wool socks
291. Extra blessings
292. Parent help guides
293. My bed
294. Time alone with my lady
295. Relaxing with the FAM
296. Husband with amazing work ethic
297. Lasagne in the oven
298. Fresh baked bread
299. The smell of pine overtaking a simple walk to the mail box
300. Rainy days
301. My job
302. Good friends who challenge me
303. Getting to have a 730 bedtime once in a while
305. Knowing that when I can never ever just relax at a playground or
basketball practice its because my daughter is healthy and strong and
306. Knowing we have enough money to pay for Christmas gifts
307. Knowing that we are happy enough without them
308. Story time at the library
309. Getting to have friends over to play all the time
310. Walking to school
311. Kicking leaves
313. Finished floors
314. Out of town guests
315. Red wine
316. Mexican vanilla gifts
317. Where's waldo hats on babies
318. Planning thanksgiving dinner
319. Daddy's day off pastries for breakfast.
320. Rain coats
323. Thoughtful notes from a friend
324. Rain on the roof
325. Dinner as a family
326. Mail from grandma
327. Being madly in love with hubs
328. Heaven dreams
329. Chalk and toddlers
330. Feeling pursued
331. Early morning snuggles with both kids
333. Heavy fog hanging in the trees
334. clorox wipes
336. Having a house full of kids all the time
337. The power of kissing an owie.
338. Team sports
339. my furnace
340. When the rain tales a break just long enough for the walk to school.
342. Sports for my boy
343. Foggy mornings
344. Dry afternoons for the playground
345. Second chances
347. Working furnace
348. Having a net
349. Feeling light
350. Holiday menus
352. Klove radio
353. Fall trees almost bare
356. The way she loves her daddy
357. A new cookbook
358. A new kitchen
359. Catching a leak right away.
360. Hand sanitizer
361. Strangers who take the time to talk to my kids
362. A good book
363. Old friends visiting
364. DVDs for kids for that breakdown moment
365. Standing on a heating vent
367. Fleece pants
368. Living in a town where fleece pants are normal public attire
369. Being okay with not being stylish knowing that saving is more important than having skinny jeans
370. Hand me down clothes for me and the kids
371. When hubs can wear scrubs instead of dress clothes to work.
373. Doggie diapers
374. Hubs hot legs. Back off ladies, he's mine!
375. Getting to snuggle after naps.
376. Sunny afternoons.
377. Running g after babies in the grass
378. Impromptu football.
379. Being part of a net.
380. Her lady curves
381. Friendships for my kids
382. Indoor play parks.
383. Interesting books
384. Stickers. And how they gave me 20 whole minutes to sit down.
385. Tater tots
386. Knowing that someday she'll outgrow the tantrums
388. Coffee for when there isnt enough sleep
389. Cubism art
390. All kinds of art
391. Getting to hear other peoples stories
392. Not making life a contest
393. Baking cake
394. Big hugs
395. How hard kids heads are
396. Blakeys and special specials
397. Hot showers
398. Belly buttons
399. One on one time with my kids
400. Reading to my big boy
401. Getting to praise my kids and see them beam
402. The sun setting on a long day.
403. Evening sports to help us not miss dad so much
404. Girls night in
405. Dinner with friends
406. Farmers market
407. Having daddy to tagteam st sports
408. Canopies of miss covered trees
409 ferns on a hillside
410 weekend off.
411. Rainy days and long naps
412. Time to read a good book
413. A great school office assistant
414. Afternoon snuggles with my lady
415. The incredible amount of entertainment a few clean baby wipes can provide
416 WASHABLE markers
417. Community safety
418. Take out pizza
419 being able to laugh off a bad haircut
420. Wool socks
421. Singing babies
427. Arts and crafts
428. Frosty mornings
429. He loves me.
431, the complexity of creation
432. Doggies snoring all night
433. Lone leaf clinging to a winter tree.
434. Blustery days.
435. Winnie the pooh for making the word blustery so awesome.
437. Do overs
438. A cozy bed at the end of a long week
440. Sesame street on YouTube
441. Babies sleeping right in front if the door.
442. Hard heads and resilient brains
443. Thin ice that crackles underfoot
444. Her mullet
447. The way he still gives me butterflies just thinking about him
448. Early days off
449. Week of school vacation
450. School being back in session
451. Day with just my girl
452. Having enough to buy all the groceries
453. Friend visiting
454. Planning a date night.
456. Cooking an awesome meal
457. Sharing it with my favorite people
458. Coffee break
459. Grade school sports
460. Creme brulé
461. Granola bars
462. Low clouds
463. Tall pines trees at the bottom of the hill
464. Bird berries on the back trees
465. Birds out the back window singing while snacking
467. Starry nights
468. Christmas lights
469. Christmas music
470. Daddy being home early
471. Home improvement happening.
472. Snow flakes
474. Fragrant pine trees
476. Having a great job
478. Bonus time with my boy
479. Snow days
480 snuggling under warm covers on chilly mornings
481. Flannel sheets
482 snuggly blankets
484. Kids sleeping in
485. Christmas lights
486. Choirs singing
488. Hot chocolate
489. Rising bread
491. Birds st the feeder
493. Finding a deal that seems made just for me
495. Family dinners
496. Birthday cake miracles
498. Thoughtful neighbors
499. Adults who talk to my kids
500. White fog heavy on the trees
501. The smell of freshly cut junipers.
504. A new favorite song
505. The smell of mud
507. Bathing suit season being far away from cookie season
509. Lemon curd
511. The way she giggles.
512. The way she says mama
513. Listening to him tell good stories.
514. How smart and sure he is becoming.
515. When she dances in the back during church
517. Holding hands in the woods
518. New traditions
520. Medical tests that give answers
523. Your unwavering love.
524. New mercies each day
525. Notes from friends
526. My mom
527. The moss covered trees
528. Foggy mornings
529. Watching a friends family grow
530. Getting to give back.
531. My furnace
532. The way kids always forgive
533. Getting to put my lady to bed
534. My boys love for Christ
535. Ponytails and yoga pants
537. When he works hard and it pays off
538. Love from everyone around me.
540. Car carts at the grocery
541. Baby squirrel at the feeder
542. Friends who offer ingredients
543. Toddler giggles
544. Spell check.
545 Greek yogurt with 8billion calories per bite
546. Tucking my girl in at night
547. My dishwasher
548. Spiderman band aids
549. Ferns growing right out of trees
550. Birthday flowers delivered from bright eyed girls
551. Stroller rides
552. When daddy's s hedule gETs waaaayyy better
553. Watching my boy flourish
555. Listening to her try out new words
556. The way no one else will do and that I get to be her mama
557. Signing times dvds
558. Family date nights
559. Working car.
560. When she sings with her little wookie voice
561. My bed
563. Hot showers
564. Doggie heavy breathing.
565. Snooze button.
566. Rain softly falling outside
567. Good rain jacket
568. Hawks impressing females in flight
569. Her napping in my arms.
570. Those eyelashes and that perfect little everything.
571. The way she runs away after a tubby with her naked heiny on the loose giggly as I chase her.
572. Another lost tooth and the cutest window I've ever seen in a smile
573. When the sun peeks out right when I start to shiver
574. Her feisty spirit
575. The way he reads aloud.
576. Hubs jokes. I love his jokes.
577. A safe and working car.
578. Being on the west coast
579. A green winter
580. Moss growing right on the road
581. Doggies running in their sleep
582. Watching her dream
584. Morning coffee with my man
586. Looking out on the big ocean and feeling so small.
587. Sunsets over the ocean
588. Family beach day
589. Basement play rooms
590. Laughing together.
591. My helpful boy
592. A new gallon of paint
593. Popsicle sticks
594. Moss covered green roads
595. Rainy days
596. Long walks with a quiet crew in the stroller
597. Card board boxes and kids imaginations
598. Baby laughs and cackles
599. Sleeping through the night
600. Family weekends
601. Snowflakes gently falling and them MELTING.
603. Birds at the feeders
604. Weekend hikes through tall trees
605. Glue and plastic eyeballs
606. Washable markers
607. Coffee at naptime on s cold day
608. The way He takes care of the smallest details
609. A boy who loves to learn about God
610. New babies growing.
611. NOT being the pregnant lady
612. Dreams for our wild life
613. Lemon curd
614. Being able to give gifts
615. My dreamy husband
616. 3 months of scrubs rotations...meaning no ironing dress clothes.
617. I need to say this one again...no ironing for three months.
618. Fleece jackets with thumbholes
619. Remembrance candles
620. A great book by Angie Smith
621. When someone gets it all.
622. Being alone.
623. A full tank of gas and a full trunk of groceries.
624. Windy nights
625. Husband sleeping next to me
626. Muffins in the oven
627. Exciting weather that maybe cancels school.
628. Long talks with my boy
629. Reading with my boy
630. Her middle of the night we up calls
631. Snow days for the whole family.
632. Snow ball fights
634. Rainys days that take away the snow
635. Steam rising on the road
636. Electric green moss on everything.
637. The way she has to dance every time wagon wheel plays.
638. Make believe play
639. Harry Potter
640. Getying to stay home with my lady.
641. Puddle jumping
643. Jay birds
644. Orange pants
646. Hummingbirds at the feeder
647. Warm rain
648. When she eats
649. The way he loves me
650. Soccer balls and green grass
651. The way the world wakes up in spring
652. Buds unfurling
653. A pot of tea and a food friend to share it with
654. The way she counts
655. Finished floors
656. Living room dance parties and her moves.
657. How he still loves me madly after all these years
658. Toddler hugs
659. Frost kissed spring blooms
660. Family reading time on the couch.
661. Weight gain
662. Burpee seed catalog
663. Robins on the deck rail
664. Fragrant plum blossoms
665. Dog snores
666. Family walks on a warm evening
667. A pot of soup
668. When she hides behind the curtains and says boo
669. An afternoon nap
670. Finding my voice through writing
671. Pictures of my boy.
672. A sequined tank top
674. Flowers blooming
675. Obeying His prompts and seeing the fruit
676. Steam rising from the roof
677. Sun after the rain
678. Coyotes howling in the middle of the night
679. Special family breakfasts
681. Seeing kindness happen
682. Spring blossoms.
683. Seeing ordinary things as spectacular
684. Electrics moss
685. Jay birds
686. Hummingbirds glowing iridescent in the sun
687. Fragrant blooms
688. Gnarly trees
689. Family date nights
690. A pot of tea and a sunny window
691. His faithfulness
692. Bug hunts
693. How He loves me regardless
695. Muddy hikes
696. Petals floating to the ground
697. Husband's jokes
699. That the furnace still works
700. Disney movies at dinner time
702. New babies
703. Spicy curry
704. Writing through it
706. Personal trainer sister
708. Grace. Always
709. Being chased. Radaph
710. Clicky pens from special places
711. The sky abs all the colors it offers
712. Walking to church
713. Wind blowing white petals over the path
714. Freshly cut grass
715. When he comes home early, an unexpected free day
716. A good hike
717. The way birds dance through the air
718. Listening to her sing "do you want to build a snowman"
719. Grilled pineapple salsa
720. Perspective on the little problems
721. A new hair cut
722. Netting friends for lunch
723. The crack if a bat connecting with the ball
724. When my little big man brings up big God questions and the light bulbs go off.
725. Watching my man and knowing I'm the one that got this lucky
726. Fragrance of magnolia blooms
727. Quiet night time laughter
728. Coffee and donuts with friends after church.
729. A new playground to explore
730. The way she has no fear but still makes good choices
731. Wet footprints on the clean floor
732. Worm hunting g
733. Finishing projects
734. Wearing spandex
735. Pink crocs
736. Bubbles and chalk
737. Popsicles on hot days
740. Sunshine and a free hour
741. Impending vacation
742. Birds pulling up worms
743. Doggie snuggles
744. Hummingbirds buzzing at the feeder.
745. Beach vacations
746. Weddings and family time
748. Sale Pending
752. Baby snakes and salamanders
753. Tylenol and pacifiers
754. Brunch with neighbors
755. Finally having an emergency contact in town
756. Birthday cake
757. Jay birds flying in my path
758. Frozen. Let it go...
759. Cooking in my kitchen
760. She is starting to eat. Amen.
761. Sunny days with fluffy clouds
762. Finding random dino "gifts" and knowing they are from J.
763. Blueberry bushes
765. The way I can always make it all better for her.
766. Family hiking dates
767. Elmer's glue in the hands of a two year old.
769. Three day weekends
770. Cottonwood trees on s breezy day
771. Family dinner on the deck
772. Lawn games
773. New gates in the fence
774. Having a bathroom mirror.
775. Bleeding hearts and sword ferns
776. Fresh strawberries
777. A great cookbook